You can do that with Botox?
Botox is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug administration for treatment of patient’s glabellar region, crow’s feet, and the lateral lines across the forehead. Most people know of it as the treatment used to combat signs of aging, particularly wrinkles. Botox can be used to either lift or relax different areas creating a naturally younger appearance.
Botox, a.k.a. botulinum toxin, has other beneficial uses that might surprise you! These are 7 innovative additional uses of Botox we offer at Pure Bliss Med Spa!
1. Platysmal Bands. These are the strips of thin muscles that start at the base of your neck or collarbone and extend up the left and right sides of your neck to the jaw line. If you find these muscles to be pronounced they can simply be relaxed with small amounts of Botox injected directly into the bands which will minimize their appearance.
2. Masseter Reduction. The masseter is the muscle along the jawbone extending up to the cheekbone. When this muscle is enlarged the face appears more box shaped and squared. Our Nurse Practitioner recommends injecting between 15 to 25 units on each side of the face to create a slimmer facial profile. The ideal candidates for this injection are clients with rounder faces or clients who grind their teeth causing the muscles to build up and become bulky. If you’re looking for these results without going to the extremes of a face-lift, Botox is a great alternative. Treatment with Botox is less invasive and less expensive. Win win!
3. TMJ. Short for Temporo Mandibular Joint dysfunction, this disorder affects the joint in the jaw that connects to the skull. Dysfunction can lead to serious pain and discomfort. In dealing with issues involving the jaw and the facial muscles that control it, Botox can be used to treat jaw pain as a result of grinding and clenching. Although we do not diagnose TMJ at Pure Bliss Med Spa, we do find this condition to be resolved with our master reduction treatment. Please consult with your dentist first if suffering from TMJ.
4. Gummy smile. Small amounts of Botox can be placed in the upper and lower border of the lip to minimize the exposure of the gums and the appearance of a thicker gum line. “Gummy smile” is a term used to describe excessive gum exposure during smiling. We can improve this condition with an injection of Botox at various points around the lips and nose. Completely tailored to your specific needs.
5. Hyperhidrosis. Botox can be used in the armpits?! Botox can help people who suffer from excessive underarm sweating. Our Nurse Practitioner is passionate about treating patients with axillary hyperhidrosis because in just a few minutes she can increase their confidence tremendously. They go from being overly-sweaty and self conscious of body odor and sweat marks to nearly dry. Dry cleaning bills go down…And confidence goes up! The dose can be customized to the severity of each persons condition. Areas that can be treated are the armpits, palms, soles, and scalp.
6. Dimpled chin. Dimpled or “Pebble” chin can affect a person’s self esteem as it gives a uneven look to the chin area. The rough texture of the chin is due to the mentalist muscle contracting and wrinkling during specific facial movements and expressions. This can be softened with about 10 units of Botox injected into the mentalis “tip of the chin”.
7. Migraines. Botox is FDA-approved for treatment of migraines! Migraines are a horribly unpleasant experience, and affect countless individuals. If you have ever been through one you know first hand how desperately and quickly relief is needed. Most migraines are caused by abnormal muscle function in the head, face, and neck, Botox is a multifaceted product that works miracles on relieving the muscles groups associated with migraines. It is especially beloved by migraine sufferers who were thinking about Botox for wrinkles but were looking for a justified reason to try it. Note that the injection point locations for migraines and wrinkle reduction are often very similar. The outcome, once again, is a win all around. Less wrinkles and fewer headaches.
If you’re considering Botox as treatment for one of the above conditions, do your research and seek out a board-certified provider. Botox is the number-one noninvasive cosmetic treatment in the country! It is being administer in younger and older patients as an aging preventative as well as all the uses previously stated. It is predicted there will be many more FDA-approved use for Botox in the future.
Our Nurse Practitioner is skilled with all injections and her technique is highly effective. Our clients safety is of utmost importance to us and we want to reiterate that you will never be put at risk. Always make certain that your injector is certified and that you feel comfortable in their chair. If you have concerns that fall into any of these categories visit Pure Bliss Med Spa in the Atlanta area for a free consultation. Our injectors are licensed practitioners with expertise in Botox injections and dermal fillers and have been superior in cosmetic injections for Sandy Springs and Atlanta GA.